What does the Hop Queen Do?
You are the face of Oktoberfest, promoting the event and Montana beer! You must be spontaneous, enjoy being on stage, fun, creative, outgoing, and lighthearted. It’s all about having fun and make memories with your guests in the Great Northwest Oktoberfest. You’ll also have the opportunity to be a part of 2020 Winter Carnival Parade and be invited to other notable personal appearance events during the year.
Hop Queen Requirements
The Great Northwest Oktoberfest is all about winding down the busy summer season, blowing off some steam and having fun! We are looking for the kind of Hop Queen that embodies the qualities that the community of Whitefish has come to relish in its absolute relentless pursuit of fun.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be a lover all things “hoppy” – know your hops, beer, and Oktoberfest history
- Be Available for the following Schedule:
- Attend Preliminary Contest on October 2nd, 2019 at The Firebrand Hotel 6pm
- Attend the Finals at Oktoberfest on October 3rd from 5pm – 11pm
- Reign over the final two days of 2019 Oktoberfest, October 4th from 5pm-11pm and October 5th from 12noon – 11pm
- Reign over the first weekend of 2020 Oktoberfest (Last Thursday of September through First Thursday of October), the Hop Queen competition, and the crowning of next year’s queen.
- Ride the 2020 Winter Carnival Parade on the Whitefish Chamber of Commerce Float
$500 cash sponsored by Great Northern Brewery & Whitefish Chamber
Authentic German Dirndl sponsored by Whitefish Chamber of Commerce Complimentary Food & Beverage at the Oktoberfest Events provided by the Whitefish Chamber
Floral Hop Crown sponsored by Whitefish Chamber
1 Comp Night Stay at The Firebrand sponsored by The Firebrand Hotel
2019 Hop Queen Competition Candidate Form- October 2 & 3
Don't miss Oktoberfest Weekend #1 - September 26th - 28th, 2019 and
Oktoberfest Weekend #2 - October 3rd- 5th, 2019 at Smith Fields